Yesterday I made a large loaf of rye bread and tried this new recipe. These sandwiches are amazing!
Nothing was measured, but added to taste.
Find everything you need to make this recipe at your local Meijer.
- thinly sliced onion
- well drained sauerkraut
- extra stout Guinness
- cooked thinly sliced corned beef
- sliced rye bread
- sliced Swiss cheese
- Reuben Sauce (recipe follows)
- sliced canned beets
- In a large frying pan, simmer onions and sauerkraut in a little beer. Add beef slices and cook til heated through.
- Layer beef mixture atop bread. Add cheese. Butter and grill til cheese is melted and bread is grilled nicely.
- Pour a little reuben sauce on each sandwich. Serve with beets.
- sweet relish or minced sweet pickles
- lemon pepper
- hot sauce and salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients to taste. Cover tightly and refrigerate til needed.
Adapted from Margaux Sky Fabulous Breads cookbook