With St. Patrick's Day now less than two days away, you can still get into the spirit of the holiday by whipping up your own trendy pair of DIY shamrock earrings. This craft is simple to make, and is perfect for teens and adults alike, and that's no blarney.
For this project, you will need:
- Two silver earring hooks
- Two silver eyepins
- Two round green glass beads (or you can use a cubed bead to add texture to the design.)
- Wire cutters
- Round nose pliers
- Two plastic earring backings
- Using your round nose pliers, slightly open up the loop on one end of one of the silver eyepins.
- Add one of your silver shamrock charms to the opened loop, and then completely close the loop with your round nose pliers to secure the charm to the eyepin.
- Next, add one of your green beads to the eyepin.
- With your wire cutters, trim off any excess wire from the eyepin. Make sure to leave about 1/2-3/4 of wire from the top of the green bead. This will be used to create another loop.
- Create a loop at the top of the eyepin, above the green glass bead with your round nose pliers. Don't completely close the loop.
- Add one of the silver earring hooks to the unfinished loop. After the earring hook has been added, use your round nose pliers to completely close the loop.
- Add a plastic earring back, if needed. Some earring hooks come with a closing clip, so it may not be necessary.
- Repeat steps 1-7 for the second earring. Try to make sure they are as close to the same length as possible.
Your earrings are now ready to wear!
For more inspiration on the perfect St Patrick's Day crafts for kids, tweens, teens, and adults, check out our slideshow, "St Patrick's Day 2014 DIY Jewelry Design Inspiration."
If you like this article, your friends will, too! Share with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or G+ so they can stay up to date on the latest jewelry trends, local boutiques, independent artisan spotlights, and what's happening in the jewelry industry.