Yesterday the St. Louis Cardinals minor league affiliates went 2-1 with a "snowout" in Peoria. Links to yesterday's games can be seen below along with the stat lines for the most prominent prospects in the system and some shorthand analysis. The stars of the night were James Ramsey and Aledmys Diaz.
- Oscar Taveras – 5 PA, 2 R, 1 H, 0 BB, 0 K
- Stephen Piscotty – 2 PA, 0 R, 0 H, 0 BB, 1 K
- Randal Grichuk – 5 PA, 1 R 1 H, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB
- Tim Cooney - 5.1 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
Notes: Randal Grichuk continued to display his plus power tool with his second home run this year. Grichuk now has an impressive .523 SLUG on the young season. Tim Cooney struggled a bit but even with his sub-par performance he still has 2.04 ERA and 3.03 FIP with an 8.66 K/9 IP rate and a 2.55 BB/9 IP rate.
- James Ramsey – 4 PA, 0 R, 2 H, 0 BB, 2 K
- Patrick Wisdom – 4 PA, 0 R, 0 H, 1 BB, 1 K
- Aledmys Diaz – 4 PA, 0 R, 2 H, 1 RBI, 0 BB, 1 K
- Zach Petrick - 8.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
Notes: James Ramsey continues to hit over .400 in Springfield wiht a .462 OBP and a .766 SLUG. If not for the talented Memphis outfield he would almost surely be due a promotion. Diaz does not face the same obstacle to promotion and if he continues to hit .359 with a .366 OBP and .590 SLUG he could be promoted in the next month or so. Petrick moved up two levels last year after dominating single-A wiht a sub-1.00 ERA. He is still dominating AA this year with a 0.48 ERA on the year. The Cardinals do not really need any more pitching prospects at the moment, but they have them.
- Charlie Tilson – 5 PA, 0 R, 2 H, 0 RBI, 0 BB, 2 K
- Jacob Wilson – 4 PA, 0 R, 1 H, 1 2B, 1 BB, 0 K
- Marco Gonzales - 6.2 IP , 9 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
Notes: The offense clearly struggled for Palm Beach last night, but that did not keep Tilson and Wilson from getting some hits. Tilson is hitting .264 so far this year, but could use some more walks to raise his .291 OBP. The 2013 first round pick Marco Gonzalez struggled for the first time this year, but still has 2.31 ERA and 1.91 WHIP even after last night's dissapointment.