The position of Sr. Structure Engineer will perform structural design, stress analysis and structural dynamics analysis/testing on aircraft electrical power generation and distribution equipment.
- Stress analysis of mechanical and electronic products. Working knowledge of textbook solutions and finite element analysis using ANSYS is manatory. Knowledge of plasticity, contact, fatigur, and fracture mechanics is also required. Must have the ability to select appropriate materials to meet design requirements.
- Structural dynamic analysis including modal analysis, prediction of vibration response levels and characteristics, and rotodynamics analysis. Methods and tools include finite element analysis ANSYS, other specialized software, and internally developee routines.
- Vibration development and qualification testing utilizing electrodynamic shakers. Tasks include test set up, programming of the controllers, conducting the test, data acquisition, data analysis and reporting.
- Diagnostic testing to troubleshoot hardware problems, and assess machinery health. Tests include using a variety of transducer types, signal conditioning and data aceuisition/analysis equipment.
- Work with outsourced vendors and component suppliers to guide and review their analyses and test efforts.
- MS/BS in Engineering is required, with an emphasis on Theorical and Applied mechanics.
- 2+ years of aerospace industry experience in Advanced Static/Dynamic and/or non-linear analysis experience using ANSYS.
- Knowledge of structural analysis of mechanical power generation systems, enclosures for aircraft electronic components and internal assemblies.
- Knowledge of experimental stress measurement, instrumentation/signal analysis equipment and data acquisition methods.
- Knowledge and experiene of structural optimization.
- Ability to work in a global team environment and lead concept design development.
- Willingness to work in an environment of rapidly changing prorities and demanding schedules.
- Initiative and persistenace in proglem solving.
- Leadership skills: Time Management, customer focus and willingness to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
BS in Mechanical Engineering.
2 - 10 + years of aerospace industry experience.
United Technologies Corp. ia am Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
UTC - Hamilton Sundstrand, Human Resources, 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL 61108 (815) 226 - 6000