Spring is here and with it, time to spend at the park and have a picnic. Cole slaw is a great side dish for spring and summer, at a picnic or at home. Here are three variations.
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup vegetable oil
6 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 cup slivered almonds
6 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 packages ramen noodles (Oriental or vegetable flavor)
2 bags broccoli coleslaw
3 scallions, tops and bottoms chopped
- Mix dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Toast almonds and sesame seeds at 350 degrees F until lightly browned.
- Let cool.
- Crunch up noodles in bag before opening.
- Place dry noodles and contents of seasoning packets in large bowl.
- Add broccoli slaw, scallions, toasted almonds and sesame seeds.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing right before serving.
Mexican Cole Slaw
1 head cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 can pinto beans, drained
3/4 cup bell pepper, diced
Onion, grated, to taste
Toss lightly; add dressing and marinate all day.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup oil
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 tablespoon salt
- Toss lightly.
- Mix together and pour over salad mixture.
2 cups mayonnaise
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon salt
5 large carrots, peeled and shredded
1 head green cabbage, shredded
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrots and cabbage.
- Immediately pour the dressing over the cabbage mix and toss until all of the vegetables are well coated.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- Toss again before serving.