Any time gluten-free flour is used in a bread recipe, it is important to add a gluten based ingredient for bread to rise.
1 cup of flaxseed meal
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 cup of oatmeal flour
1/2 cup of unbleached self-rising flour (King Arthur brand)
1 packet of instant dry yeast
1 teaspoon of Truvia sweetener
1 tablespoon of kosher salt
1 tablespoon of ground sage
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 cup of soy milk
1/2 cup of lukewarm water
1 tablespoon of hazelnut or sunflower oil
Directions: Preheat oven to 375°F
1. Sift flour ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir in kosher salt, dry instant yeast, ground sage, oregano, Truvia sweetener, and black pepper.
3. Slowly mix hazelnut oil, water, and soy milk with flour contents.
4. Use hands to mix dough; dough will become sticky to the touch.
5. Feel free to add more self-rising flour until dough becomes smooth.
6. Knead dough periodically for five to ten minutes.
7. Set dough to the side in a bread pan covered with a damp warm cloth.
8. Allow dough to rise for approximately one hour.
9. Sprinkle hands with flour; mix and knead dough one more time.
10. Knead dough for five minutes, set dough back into a 9” x 5” bread pan.
11. Set dough to rise for one hour in a warm dry area.
12. Lightly brush top of bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
13. Place bread in center of an oven at 375°F.
14. Bake bread for 40 minutes and set to the side to cool.