Springtime is almost here. It’s as good a time as any to refresh and renew your workplace in ways that are environmentally responsible.
Here are several green spring cleaning tips that can really spruce up your business:
- Reduce clutter. Get down to business by getting rid of whatever you never use. Go through desks, file cabinets, bookshelves, storage rooms and every other nook and cranny and decide what can be recycled (such as paper, plastic, glass items, equipment, furniture, etc.) and what cannot.
- Reuse what you can. Before consigning anything to the recycle bin or the trash can, decide whether it serves a useful purpose. If so, keep it. If not …
- Donate reusable items such as books, electronic equipment, furniture and appliances. Drop them off at the nearest Goodwill or the Salvation Army.
- Recycle. In addition to salvaging the usual recyclables, keep an eye out for items often mistakenly discarded such as file folders, shipping supplies, cell phones, ink and toner cartridges and batteries. Click here for more information.
- Clean green. Have your floors, carpeting, rest rooms and office freshened up with eco-friendly cleaning supplies. To learn more, click here.
- Cut down on paper as much as possible. Besides establishing paperless operations, reduce the amount of junk mail your business receives. Click here to find out how.
Want to keep up with the latest news and advice on green products and practices? Then click on the Subscribe button at the top of this page for regular updates.
To access an extensive archive of green business articles, click on my name.
And if you like an article, please share it on StumbleUpon, Digg, Twitter or Facebook.