Surfs up dude! You don't have to be a native Californian to rock one of the hottest looks this season: board shorts.
A loose and laid back favorite, board shorts are minimalist meets athletic with its knee wrapping length and roomy silhouette.
Board shorts were spotted on the Diane Von Furstenberg, Acne, Victoria Beckham, and Marc Jacobs spring runways.
It also made an appearance on the 3.1 Phillip Lim, Rag & Bone and Reed Krakoff spring resorts.
You can dress up the trend by adding another spring favorite--mules for an evening look or keep it understated with a pair of slip-ons for the afternoon. Here are a few board short looks for inspiration...
1. Topshop Skate Bloom Board Shorts $72 topshop.com
2. T by Alexander Wang Leather Surf Shorts $525 kirnazabete.com
3. Tibi 'Nelio' Block Culottes $143 shoplesnouvelles.com
4. ASOS Board Shorts in Textured Fabric $17 asos.com
5. MSGM Striped Cotton Board Shorts $230 modaoperandi.com
6. Thakoon Addition Striped Knee Length Shorts $340 kirnazabete.com
7. Jonathan Saunders ‘Clara’ Tulip-print Silk Shorts $670 net-a-porter.com