Today is officially the first day of spring and with this comes excitement about transitioning from your heavy winter clothes to barley there dresses and bright colors. Although some fall/winter fashion trends can be remixed into your spring wardrobe there are some that need to be tucked away until next September. Here are the do’s and don’ts for spring.
1. Do continue to wear navy blue in the spring but pair it with shades of sorbet instead of dark colors like black.
2. Do continue to wear leather, just make sure it’s warm weather leather so you’ll remain fashionably cool.
3. Don’t wear bold red lipstick. Although it’s a very sexy look the coveted lip color for spring is nude.
4. Don’t continue to wear your heavy winter perfumes. Bring out the sexy, sweet, floral scents. Givenchy Eaudemoiselle is amazing for spring.
5. Don’t wear shoes with exaggerated platforms. Sexy pointy toe, no platform silhouettes from Manolo Blahnik are back. Their classic BB pump is Carrie Bradshaw’s signature shoe.
6. Do continue to wear boots and booties but now you can wear them with shorts and miniskirts.
7. Do continue to mix prints. Tribal and aztec are very wearable.
8. Don’t continue to wear dark colors like ox blood red and hunter green. Trade them in for their spring equivalent like blood orange or key lime.
9. Do wear this spring’s cutest color combination, orange and blue.
10. Do continue to wear big bold statement jewelry with t-shirts, tank tops, dresses, etc. The bolder the better.