Intro: Wondering how to make banana pudding with Nilla Wafer cookies? If so, you'll want to try out this easy spring dessert recipe. You get a head start on making a homemade banana pudding recipe by starting out with boxed vanilla pudding. While it's not completely banana pudding from scratch, it almost is, and I guarantee it tastes delish! It's definitely one of my favorite banana desserts!
More Spring Desserts
How to Make Banana Pudding With Nilla Wafers
Many people normally make this recipe with the Nilla Wafers as a crust, but to keep it simple, you're going to just line your pudding cups with the cookies. No need to make a formal crust unless you want to.
Recipe for Banana Pudding With Nilla Wafers
Ingredients for the Homemade Banana Pudding:
- 1 pkg of instant vanilla pudding, large pkg - at least 6-oz
- 2 1/2 c. of milk, make sure it's cold
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14-oz size)
- 1 16-oz container of whipped topping
- Fresh sliced bananas
- Nilla Wafer cookies
- Mix the milk and pudding together and then stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Blend this well and then fold half of the whipped topping into the mixture.
- Line your pudding cups with the Nilla Wafers on the bottom.
- Put a layer of pudding and then bananas on top of the cookie layer.
- Add another cookie layer and then repeat the bananas and pudding after that.
- Do this until each of your pudding cups is 3/4th full.
- Top with the rest of the whipped topping.
- Put into the fridge to chill overnight.
- Serve with additional slices of fresh bananas on top. Strawberries taste great on the homemade banana pudding recipe with Nilla Wafers as well.
Find more banana desserts in these books.