Many of the vegetarian recipes I've been making call for vegetarian broth or stock. This is the (very) basic recipe I've been using. You can add or subtract just about any veggie you like. I considered adding tomatoes, but not everything I need it for is compatible with tomato.
Add everything to your taste.
Find what you need to make this at your local Meijer.
- olive oil
- chopped onion
- chopped celery
- chopped carrot
- water to cover
- Mrs Dash garlic herb (or your favorite seasonings)
- bay leaves
- whole Marx Tellicherry peppercorns
- Add oil to a stock pot and cook veggies for about 10 minutes.
- Add water and seasonings to taste and boil mixture 1-2 hours.
- Strain and discard solids, if desired.