I served this amazing stew with fresh homemade naan.
The original recipe called for garnish of black olives (which I forgot to get) and toasted almonds (which I couldn't find).
Find the ingredients you need to make this at your local Meijer.
- olive oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 6 baby carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 T each chili powder and ground cumin or to taste
- 2 small cans vegetable broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 small (14 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- fresh mint leaves to taste, torn and divided
- cooked whole wheat couscous for serving
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in bell pepper, carrot and celery. Cook til softened, about 10 minutes. chili powder, and cumin
- Increase to high heat; stir in broth, tomatoes, chickpeas and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, or til veggie are tender. Stir in zucchini, potatoes and a few torn mint leaves. Simmer another 10-15 minutes or til potato is tender. Remove from heat and stir in additional mint to taste.
- Taste and adjust as desired.
- I served the soup topped with a scoop of couscous.