Looking for a fast, simple and inexpensive fish recipe for Fish Friday? So was I; last Friday I wanted to rustle up a fish dish that wasn't the same old lemon flavored fish I usually made. What I came up with, by looking right in the door of my fridge, was an absolutely divine Dill Infused Tilapia. What did the door of my fridge have to do with it, simple, inspiration - from all the ingredients sitting in there. I took a look, with Tilapia in mind and pulled out the Gourmet Garden Dill Paste, Dijon Mustard and lemon. Here's what I came up with:
Healthy Dill Infused Tilapia Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Dill Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 Fresh or frozen tilapia fillets
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients except tilapia, mixing well. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired. The mixture will taste very strong, but will be much milder when paired with the fish. Rub mixture into both sides of tilapia.
- Preheat grill pan until very hot, on medium high, about 10 minutes. Spray grill pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place tilapia on grill and leave, not turning, until bottom is a dark golden brown. Turn and cook until done, about five more minutes. Don't overcook. Remove from heat and allow fish to rest for a few minutes before plating up. Serve on top of a mound of brown rice and broccoli.
Cooking Tip: My favorite grill pan is Woll's cast iron, nonstick grill pan, as pictured. It heats evenly and never sticks - and makes the most beautiful grill marks on your proteins and sandwiches.
Did this article leave you hungry for more?
Simply click on the SUBSCRIBE button here or at the top of the page to have Linda's articles sent directly to your e-mail inbox, totally cost and spam FREE.
Email Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org. And please feel free to post your comments below.
Find Linda on:
Product Review Disclaimer:
This product was sent to us at no cost.
We were under no contract or obligation to write a review or to make it a positive one if we do.
Our reviews are our opinion only.
We do not make any money on any of the products we review.