When it comes to spring cleaning we don't just mean your kitchen and your closet. Maybe your daily routine needs a bit of polish to give you your healthiest season yet. Colgate Total has partnered with Dr. Natalie Strand (winner of The Amazing Race and contributor on The Doctors), to share her tips on how to spring clean your health.
Dr. Strand tells us her five simple tips to incorporate into our day that can keep us all healthy, happy and feeling/looking our very best. While these tips can definitely change your life for the good, they don't take insane life changes to make them happen. Just a few simple tweaks can dust you out of any winter funk
Dr. Natalie Strand’s Tips:
- Make Exercise Fun - Spring is the perfect time of year to combine exercise with social activities. Be creative to get endorphins pumping and think of things to do with friends such as taking a salsa class, archery lessons, or an evening walk around the neighborhood.
- Get Seasonal - Check out your local farmer’s market. Buy seasonal foods and try to incorporate them in your meals every day. Seasonal produce is more flavorful and densely packed with nutrients.
- Relax, Don’t Just Rest - Stress is a huge contributor to poor health, but many people don’t know how to manage it. People often mistake resting for relaxing, but it’s not the same. Learn some stress reducing techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation or meditation.
- Get A Spring Tune-up - Doctor’s appointments are important, but often pushed to the wayside. Make a list and schedule all your appointments at once: yearly check-ups, dental exams and cleanings, eye exams, etc.
- Improve Your Mouth Health - You’re already brushing your teeth twice a day so take the chance and switch to using oral care products that do more than just protect, but can actually help improve the health of your mouth. Using the Colgate Total® regimen is proven to eliminate fifteen times more bacteria and improve mouth health in two weeks. It’s a simple change with a powerful impact.
Now that you have Dr. Strand's healthy tips and tricks all that's left is grabbing your very own Colgate Total regimen. You'll have a brighter smile and a happier mouth than ever before. This is going to be one clean Spring!