For many families in the Jacksonville area Spring break is right around the corner in mid March to early April. The kids will be home for one week and for many families this is a great time to get away. Luckily for those in the Jacksonville area we are surrounded by beaches which make an ideal location to get away with the family and keep it in the budget.
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park - Hanna Park is an ideal spot for families. You have the splashtacular water park which smaller children will love. The beach is great for the surfer, building sand castles and soaking up some sun. The lake has paddle boat rentals, canoes and fishing. There is an abundance of wildlife to be spotted. A nice playground area for the kids and plenty of picnic locations. Camping at Hanna Park is a great way to stay and keep things within a family budget. You can tent camp for $20.94 a night + tax , if you have an RV or prefer a cabin these are also options for around $33.90 per day + tax.
- Little Talbot Island is sure to be a family favorite. Little Talbot Island is one of Florida’s state parks. Miles of white sandy beach, great fishing , hiking, and kayak are just a small bit of fun to be had here. Little Talbot Island also has a full facility campground. Pets are even allowed here.
- Amelia Island - Amelia Island is just a 20 minute drive from Jacksonville. Amelia Island has some lovely family friendly resorts. You can bike, hike, enjoy the beach, the historic town of Fernandina and so much more. Amelia Island is also known for great golf.
- St.Augustine - There are plenty of attractions and fun to be had in historic St.Augustine. You can stay in a condo, hotel or even camp on the beach. Families can enjoy fishing , or take a stroll through downtown . Carriage rides, and ghost tours there are hours and hours of adventure to be had in St.Augustine.
- Fort Clinch- another beautiful Florida State park that has plenty of activities for the family. Fort Clinch has a lovely full facility campground perfect for day or two of Spring vacation.
Family fun during spring break is more than possible. There are so many great places to explore and getaway. Find one and make some memories .