Intro: If you're looking for spring break activities for your kids, try making these tissue paper balls art projects. These tissue paper decorations make a great addition to your other decor items for holidays such as St. Patrick's Day or Easter, because you can tailor the project to the holiday at hand just by changing the color of the tissue paper.
They're easy art projects to do and they complement other art project such as fairy lanterns if you're using them to decorate on a theme.
Supplies That You'll Need to Make Tissue Paper Balls
- Tissue paper
- Pipe cleaners
How to Make Tissue Paper Decorations ~ Tissue Paper Balls Instructions
- Lay your tissue paper out for the tissue paper balls art project. You're going to add several layers of paper, so if you want multicolored tissue paper crafts, this is the time to do it.
- Fold the tissue paper like a fan. If you're not sure how this will work, watch the video at the top of the screen.
- Fold the paper in half.
- Twist tie the pipe cleaner around the tissue paper bundle at the spot where you folded the stack of tissue paper in half.
- Trim the ends of the tissue paper in a semi-circular fashion. You can trim quite a bit off.
- Open up the tissue paper fan and start pulling the tissue paper layers back. Do this one at a time.
- Use these to decorate your ceilings or table tops. A pretty way to display them would be to make several and put some fairy jars in the middle. If you made green fairy glow jars and green tissue paper decorations, it would be like you caught a leprechaun or Irish fairy.
What kinds of spring break activities are you doing with your kids? Leave your comments below.