If you have allergies, then you know that spring is here. The news said yesterday that allergies are going to be pretty terrible this year, so that's how this article was created. We all sneeze and people with allergies sneeze more than some. So let's begin to look at some superstitions that have to do with this annoying snotty activity.
- If you sneeze on Monday, you are in danger.
- It's good luck to sneeze between noon and midnight.
- It's good luck if two people sneeze at the same time.
- It's bad luck to sneeze to your left.
- It's good luck to sneeze to your right.
- In Ancient Greece, sneezes were believed to be signs from the gods.
- If you sneeze before you eat, then you will have visitors before you fall asleep.
- If you sneeze on Sunday, then you'll get a kiss from your sweetheart.
- It's bad luck to sneeze before you get out of bed.
- A creepy one is if you sneeze at the table that's a sign of death.
- If you sneeze three times in a row, you'll get a letter in the mail.
- Another one tells that if you sneeze three times in a row, you'll never be married.
- If you sneeze twice, you'll get two calls during the day.
- Another one about Monday that's not so creepy as the first is this, if you sneeze on Monday you'll get good health.
So those are fourteen superstitions about sneezes. Next time someone sneezes by you or if you sneeze think about these superstitions!
Kentucky Superstitions by Daniel Lindsey Thomas, Lucy Blayney Thomas