As the weather slowly gets warmer and the flowers begin to make their annual appearance wineries are working to prepare for their Spring Releases. There are plenty of events to choose from in March and April to appeal to almost everyone. Spend a long weekend away or stay close to home, either way make sure and set aside some time for a spring wine event.
- Wine and Chocolate Passport (March 1 - 3, 2013) in Olympia, WA -- Purchase of a passport will give you access to taste wines from 6 different wineries on the South Sound Wine Trail.
- Wenatchee Wine Week (March 11 - 16, 2013) --Participate in a Shamrock Wine Walk, attend tasting events and a winemaker's dinner.
- Spring Release Weekend at Maryhill Winery (March 23 - 24, 2013) -- Enjoy wine tastings, bocce ball, and live music.
- Easter Weekend Barrel Tasting at Maryhill Winery (March 30 - 31, 2013)
- Columbia Gorge Passport Weekend (April 12 - April 14, 2013) -- Over 25 Oregon and Washington wineries in the Columbia Gorge will participate in this 3 day event.
- Anacortes Spring Wine Festival (April 13, 2013) -- The event includes 30 wineries, 6 restaurants and live music.
- Spring Barrel Tasting in Yakima Valley (April 26 - 28, 2013) -- A sneak peek of upcoming vintages from 50 participating wineries.
- Mt. Rainier Road to Paradise Spring Wine and Brew Festival in Ashford, WA (April 27, 2013) -- Artisan wines and micro-brews from small Washington producers.