For Spring 2013 be prepared to think outside the box. These trends are not what you would expect for the given time of year. Evince lush intense colors for both eyes and lips, rich but fresh textures, bold lashes and brows. There is a sort of heavenly exuberance that recalls various trends from a vast span of many decades. Surprisingly despite the seemingly stark differences between the aspects of these looks they manage to all come together in a way that is sumptuous and refreshing. Here are the top 5 trends for Spring 2013:
1. Awe inspiring false lashes. This trend was lent to us from the 60's. However, 2013 is putting a fresh spin on what would otherwise be a fairly harsh look for spring. Instead of the dense and rather severe false lashes of yesterday, for Spring 2013 look toward long but more polished looking false lashes. In other words a more believable set but obviously artificial looking regardless. The look is not meant to be discerned as natural. Find false lashes at great prices at your local Sally Beauty Supply. The best set for this look would be Andrea Strip Lashes in #45
2. Supermodel esque thick and ample eyebrows from the 90's. As of recently seen on the runway at Marc Jacobs the unabashed yet manicured eyebrow is back. This look recalls the original supermodel greats such as Cindy Crawford's and Linda Evangelista's glorious brows. If you aren't blessed with dense and bushy eyebrows this look can easily be faked with stencils and brow powder. A fantastic set that is next to none for drawing on brows is the Paula Dorf Eye Stencil Kit. It comes with 4 stencil shapes and a brush. The 2 + 1 Eyebrow Powder is sold separately. The brush that comes with the kit has a larger bristle width with less density than normal brow pencils. When using feather like strokes this brush helps impart a rich but natural looking brow. Both products are available now Southwest Plaza's Dillard's in Littleton.
3. Sultry eye popping colored eyeshadows. The look for Spring 2013 is prominent arresting color with a posh finish. Formidable blue is currently a runway favorite. Seen at Marc Jacobs and Rag and Bone fashion shows blue eyeshadow has comeback with a vengeance. Blue eyeshadow is very familiar to children of the 80's. There is a blue shade out there for everyone. An all over wash of color that is flattering to all skintones is Lancome's Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow in All Made Up. Available at Dillard's in Southwest Plaza Mall.
4. Red lips. Another unexpected look for Spring 2013. Red lips are traditionally seen in fall and winter. For Spring of 2013 temptress red remains a mainstay. Shades Love That Red, Certainly Red and Fire and Ice by Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks will flatter an array of skintones. Available at your local Walgreens.
5. Bold eyeliner. The look for eyeliner is intense for Spring 2013. This look is reminiscent of the late Amy Winehouse's pinup rockabilly panache. Skinny lines are out. Thick lines are in. So don't be afraid to take your usual cat eye up a notch. Don't limit yourself to just black. Try out throngs of bold, intrepid colors. Lancome Artliner Precision Point Eyeliner is the best eyeliner for this job. It's a great product for you novices that find the application of liquid liner daunting. Find this product at the Lancome counter at Dillard's in the Southwest Plaza Mall.
All in all the trends this for Spring 2013 are both surprising and exciting. It's fun to experiment and try new trends or bring old trends back into vogue. It's going to be a great and colorful season!