While we're towards the end of a season of outlandish, attention grabbing statement bags-- sleek and classic personal shoppers still has its place.
Personal shoppers a.k.a tote bags, once brought to mind recycled canvas bags that were used to haul around groceries in an effort to appear green and chic.
Tote bags have now become the standard office bag. It is now the female version of the briefcase-- large enough to carry essential office work but small enough so that it doesn't overpower your frame.
Personal shopper totes have also taken on designer batches. Designers from Balenciaga, Chanel and Michael Kors have created higher end totes often made with leather, snakeskin, crocodile or faux fur.
Other designers have created signature handbags with tote insignia. From Valextra's legendary tote bags to Saint Laurent's highly coveted Sac De Jour Tote, designers are on the cutting edge of tote bags providing shoppers with a variety of looks to choose from.
Tote bags are utilitarian and extremely functional which means it can be worn with practically any outfit from jeans and sneakers to capes and stilettos.
Whenever shopping for personal shoppers (tote bags) make sure to look for those that are durable and sturdy without the rigidness of bags that are tough and firm. You want to have a tote bag that can carry as many items as possible but still maintain a clean and polished look.
Don't be afraid to invest in a good tote bag. This is the one handbag that will always be on-trend and never go out of style. If there where a handbag to splurge on, this would be it.
Here are a number of trending tote bags that will carry you from the summer into the fall.
1. Lauren Ralph Lauren Tote-Tate Classic $139 bloomingdales.com
2. Fendi Light Brown Leather '2 Jours' Medium Convertible Tote $1,890 bluefly.com
3. Kate Spade New York Sedgwick Lane 'Phoebe' Bag $398 piperlime.gap.com
4. Valextra B-Shopping Textured Leather Tote $2,990 net-a-porter.com
5. Vince Camuto Color Block 'Leila' Tote Bag $
6. Brahmin Black Medium Asher $255 zappos.com
7. Saint Laurent 'Sac de Jour' Tote $2,750 farfetch.com
8. MICHAEL Michael Kors Tote $298 neimanmarcus.com
9. French Connection Black Opulence Tote $80 zappos.com
10. A.P.C. Zipped Shopping Bag $590 lagarconne.com
11. Sophie Hulme Mini Tote Bag $1,240 selfridges.com
12. Nine West Gray Ava Tote $79 zappos.com