Creative Spotlights and The Red Shark Entertainment’s “Spotlight Your Talent” showcase featured some of the most talented indie artists in the New York area. The event was held at EVR nightclub (54 W. 39th St.) on Friday, and began with a Lip Synch Battle between two female impersonators. Beyonce superfan and experienced performer Jayonce won the contest, which was judged by audience participation. Chicago B96 radio personality J Niice hosted the artist showcase and kept the full house entertained between sets. The lineup was as diverse as the crowd and featured:
- Danny Severance & the Na Capellas, an alternative rock singer originally from the Midwest,
- Natalia Segura, a free-spirited singer/songwriter whom I first saw perform at Local Talent Connect’s “IV: The Artist” showcase,
- Kiirsten Marilyn, a wild and talented performer who served us rock, alternative, and punk,
- DownBeat Keys, an eclectic group whose lead singer has a great voice, and
- The R.O.A.R., a high-energy, electro-rock artist.
Balls Vodka sponsored the "Spotlight Your Talent" showcase, and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation was on hand collecting donations and giving away pink bracelets and ribbons. There were plenty of networking opportunities, with entertainment professionals Todd Wharton (Local Talent Connect), Yaya Rey (YA IndieGround House Management), Lucy Norris (“On Deck With Lucy”), and others in attendance. Overall, it was a professional, fun, successful, and well-executed event by Creative Spotlights and The Red Shark Ent. For more information, please visit their websites: CreativeSpotlights.com and TheRedShark.net.