Get fit, make friends, and change the lives of others is the motto of Team Challenge. Team Challenge is the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America’s endurance training and fundraising program. With Team Challenge, participants can help find cures for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. They are two painful, debilitating, and seldom-discussed digestive diseases. With the Half Marathon and Triathlon Training Programs, athletes train for a rewarding and exciting endurance event at one of their great destination races while raising vital funds for research into these diseases. Funds raised will help make new treatments possible and fuel the search for cures.
Here's what Team Challenge offers:
- Personalized fitness training by an experienced coach for an entire season
- Expenses-paid weekend away to a great destination race
- A supportive team to train with each week
- Training clinics and helpful tips on topics like nutrition, hydration, injury prevention and shoe fit
- Team Manager, a dedicated CCFA staff person who coordinates team events, guides participants through fundraising
- Mentor, a past participant of Team Challenge who can show athletes the ropes and be personal fundraising coach
- Team uniform including a training shirt and race day singlet
For over 40 years, the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) has paved the way for cures by creating the first research programs dedicated to Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis. It was founded in 1967 by Irwin M. and Suzanne Rosenthal, William D. and Shelby Modell, and Henry D. Janowitz, M.D.
Since its founding over four decades ago, CCFA has remained at the forefront of research in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Today, they fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, their educational workshops and programs, along with their scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field.
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation has not cut their investments to their mission-critical research, support, and education programs. This has only been made possible through the generous support of donors across the country.
Team Challenge has achieved over the last year:
- Investing over $168 million in research
- Serving over 715,000 patients and families with nationwide education and support programs
- Educating over 72,000 medical professionals to help foster better care for all IBD patients
- Providing a safe space at Camp Oasis for over 1,220 pediatric IBD patients to “just be kids” rather than “sick kids.”
If you would like to be notified when Ryan publishes an article, click "subscribe" below, follow his BLOG, follow him on TWITTER, find him on FACEBOOK or find him at Man Versus Triathlon.
Endurance Sports Examiner
Kansas City Endurance Sports Examiner
Kansas City German Shepherd Examiner
Kansas Jayhawk Basketball Examiner
General Pets Examiner
Fitness and Exercise Examiner
Outdoor Rec and Adventure Examiner
Recreational Sports Examiner