The Lincoln Park Zoo offers a free Halloween event for families on Sat., Oct. 26, 2013 (11 a.m. - 2 p.m.) in Chicago. The Spooky Zoo Spectacular features Halloween activities among the animals of the popular zoo.
Get ready to say boo to the bears and get ghoulish with the gorillas at Lincoln Park Zoo’s beloved Spooky Zoo Spectacular. Join the zoo’s Auxiliary Board for a safe, and totally spooky event that is perfect for the whole family.
The Lincoln Park Zoo is a family attraction year-around, but on this special weekend there is even more fun to be found at the zoo. Halloween activities include Trick or Treating, a haunted house, dancing, singing and more.
Trick or treat throughout the zoo, compare costumes with spotted leopards and camouflaged lizards, or get into the fun with festive fall crafts.
Feeling brave? Head for the zoo’s haunted house, an eerie enclave located at the Kovler Sea Lion Pool.
“Spooky Zoo Spectacular is the perfect way for the whole family to let their scary sides show in a safe, fun, and wild environment,” said Auxiliary Board President Annessa Staab. “Halloween at Lincoln Park Zoo goes way beyond candy! There are activities for every age, from toddlers right up to mom and dad.”
Little ones will love the Toddler Zone, bigger kids will go crazy for DJ dance troop Charizma, and everyone will want to catch Spooky Glee, a chance for local show choirs to wow the crowds with music and dance.
Prefer the cute to the creepy? There are plenty of adorable new additions throughout the zoo, including the Eastern black rhinoceros calf born in August. Also, don’t miss the pair of playful Western lowland gorilla youngsters at Regenstein Center for African Apes. Endangered Black Rhino born at Lincoln Park Zoo
Spooky Zoo Spectacular is sponsored by BP and Illinois Farm Family. The Auxiliary Board also thanks US Bank.
- Halloween events for fun and scares in the Chicago area
- Boo at the Zoo Halloween fun at Brookfield Zoo
- It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown airs on Halloween
- Illinois Alpaca Show at Lake County Fairgrounds in Grayslake
- Farm festivals in Chicago area offer family fun in Chicago area
- Halloween fun for families at Navy Pier Chicago
- Chicagoween fun for families at Franken Plaza in Chicago
- Tiny the Spider at Six Flags Fright Fest in Gurnee
- Halloween events offer fun for families at Chicago Botanic Gardens