The Trappist in Oakland is holding Spontanfest this Saturday, April 5th, and if you're a sour fan, you'll want to be present.
Each beer at the tap takeover will feature wild yeast fermentation, and sweet sweet deliciousness. Well, sour deliciousness. Check out the tap list below:
- Cantillon Fou Foune (8pm)
- Cantillion Saint Lamvinus (4pm)
- Cantillon Vigneronne (Noon)
- Mikkeller Spontan Cassis
- Mikkeller Spontan Gooseberry
- Mikkeller Spontan Rosehips
- Mikkeller Spontan Peach
- Mikkeller Spontan Seabuckthorn
- Mikkeller Spontan Elderflower
- Gueuze Tilquin 2012
- Gueuze Tilquin 2013
- De Troch LambikX
- Boon Oude Lambic 2009 (4pm)
- Russian River Sanctification
- Allagash Avance
- Allagash Midnight Brett
Yes, Russian River will be on tap. But as you can tell, the world of sours goes way beyond our beloved North Bay brewery. As great as Russian River is (and they are incredible), heading to Spontanfest will allow you to try a wide breadth of sour goodness.
Personally, I'd go for one of the Cantillon's, a Mikkeller, and the Allagash Midnight Brett. Well, personally I'd go for everything on the list above. But if you're on a limit, try one of those three. Or not - everything is bound to be a pucker-y version of delicious.
Beer of the moment: Social's Jungle Cruise IIIPA