Summer may be winding down in the Inland Northwest but that means the annual Spokane Interstate Fair is almost here. The 2013 Interstate Fair kicks-off at the Interstate Fair Grounds, 404 North Havana St., Spokane Valley, on Friday Sept. 6-15, 3013.
As always some of the most popular events include thrilling carnival rides, several free music concerts, and delicious food, food, and more food.
The Annual PRCA Rodeo gets underway on Sept. 6 and 7 at 7 p.m. Rodeo events include:
- Bull riding and steer wrestling
- Bareback and saddle bronc riding
- Barrel racing and team roping
Music concerts at the Grandstand require additional tickets but the lineup is well worth it. Here is a sample of the entertainment:
- Sept. 8 Hotel California: A Salute to the Eagles
- Sept. 9 Herman’s Hermits with Peter Noone
- Sept. 10 The Band Perry
- Sept. 11 Eli Young Band
- Sept 13 MercyMe
Pre-purchased general entrance tickets offer reduced entrance prices and are available through Sept. 5 at many locations such as:
- The fair office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., without a service fee or on-line at TicketsWest or by phone at 1-800-325-SEAT (service fee applies)
- Big R store at 8307 E Trent in Spokane Valley
- Costco Spokane Valley, North Side, Coeur d' Alene stores
- Safeway stores in Spokane
- Village Supply at 220 E Lake, Medical Lake
The fair offers several special promotions that offer many free admission days.
Fair hours are 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily except on Sunday, Sept. 15, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. As always, there is plenty of free parking, including handicapped parking at both gates. Services provided include
- Baby changing/nursing areas
- First Aid
- Info Booth
- Wheelchairs, power chairs, and scooter for rent by the half or whole day