Rainy days, snow filled streets, high winds; this season's cold weather has been slapping us in the face, so to speak. So what better way to fight back then w/ a weekend getaway,a quick vacation, a week long escape, right? Wherever you are headed, if sun and sand is involved you are going to need some major splash style! I decided to dedicate this post, and a few more (so stay tuned), to winter travel style catered to the plus size fashionistas!
Ah, the swimdress...
I know, I know, you think it's your mother's bathing suit but in fact that swimdress packs a lot of punch. I, myself, am a huge swimdress fan, so to prove to you that they are stylish, functional and figure flattering I went on a hunt to find the top 10 swimdresses to maximize your splash style! Retailers like Lane Bryant and One Stop plus, contemporary designers such as Becca Etc & Monif C and Swimsuits For All & Always For Me (sites which cater specifically to the plus size swim customer) are all making strides in the plus size swimwear market. Truth be told, we have a long way to go before fashionable, plus size swim is as accessible to us as it is to the straight size consumer, but for now I will take what we are given. So stop rolling your eyes at me and check out the top ten swimdresses below, I know you won't be disappointed!
- Always For Me Berkeley Swimdress, $89: With features such as a wide, adjustable tank straps, soft cup bra and details like a ruffle hem and bust line bow, this A line swimdress is fashionable while providing full coverage!
- Always For Me Paradise Print Swimdress, $89: A bold print, a flattering cut, and figure flattering ruching at the belly make this swimdress an easy, playful choice.
- Always For Me Illusion Swimdress, $89: Obsessed w/ this suit- didn't have enough time to order it for my last trip, but am ordering it this week so I have it ready for my next weekend getaway! Sexy & supportive w/ a deep plunging v-neckline and ruffled mini hemline- this is a no brainer!
- Miraclesuit Ambassadress Underwire Swimdress, Always For Me, $126: Currently on sale from its original price of $168, this miraclesuit swimdress comes in both black & fuchsia and has all the standard miraclesuit features such as the underwire/foam bra, hip & waist minimizer & tummy tamer. Plus that sexy neckline - gorgeous!
- Monif C 'Mozambique" Halter Plus Size Swimdress, $172: Availble now for pre order (orders ship 4/30/13) and offered in sizes 14W-20W in both black, white and fuchsia, this is a swimsuit for the plus size fashion lover looking for something high fashion inspired. Monif C has been delivering contemporary swimswear for a few seasons, which have become cult favorites! This suit has some of the standard Monif C features such as soft bra cups & power mesh lining as well as style-foused details (read: gold metal, detachable belt).
- Twist Front Swimdress by Robby Len , OSP, $79.99: Empire waist and full skirt flatters the figure, hides your lumps & bumps while the deep v neck and twist front detailing draws the eye upwards. Washable, and durable- I own this swimdress and love it!
- Beach Belle Punaluu V Neck Swimdress, Swimsuits For All, $54: Who doesn't love a little black swimsuit? Clean lines, support & control, and always in style.
- Miraclesuit Aurora Swimdress, Lane Bryant, $166: On trend polka dots, surplice neckline, a scoop back (which helps in the back fat department), asymmetric shirring (read: uber flattering for the tummy area) all meld together to make this a one-piece swimdress home run!
- Nautical Stripes Swimdress, Roman's, $79.99: I love all things nautical inspired, so when I saw this Nautical Stripes swimsuit from Roaman's I fell in love! Plus, who can't appreciate a fashion inspired asymmetrical scarf at the bustline and metallic anchor detailing!
- Zanzibar Hibiscus Swimdress, Becca Etc, $128: If you don't know about Becca Etc, you are missing out. I had the pleasure of meeting Rebecca Virtue when I attending her preview for Becca Etc collection and love both the designer's passion as well as the attention to detaila and craftsmanship behind the collection. Her pieces are well made, with focus fit, features her signature crochet and branches out into a number of colorful, print, on-trend options!
So do you wear swimdressess? Would you be willing to try one? Be sure to let me know in the comments section!