Spiritual Spotlight: Shawny Wright

Gospel music artist, Shawny Wright
Gospel music artist, Shawny Wright
photo courtesy David Goodson/627 Music

Spiritual Spotlights welcomes Shawny Wright.

Ms. Wright is a very talented Kingdom builder from South Carolina who is bringing her youthfulness together with her faith to encourage her peers and lead by example. This is very evident in her music ministry.

GCLE: Tell us about yourself.
My name is Shawndrea Wright. My stage name is Shawny because that's just what everyone calls me. I have a big family of six: me, my parents, and my siblings: Mykia, Demetrea, and Tim and we also have one little one in the family, my niece Kaleighia Myrers. We all are members of Body Builders Ministries  where my mom and dad are pastors, Mia and Tim Gentry.  I love to sing- it's always been a big dream of mine to sing professionally. I just love traveling and delivering God's word in my own special way. In my spare time I usually hang out with friends, or most importantly, write new songs. I listen to different types of music to see what I can do with my music  to influence people when I bring my flavor and style.

GCLE:  Tell me about your music ministry.
My music ministry is really important to me. I just really want to make a change- showing the youth that they can express their talent for Jesus in their own way. You don't have to be like everyone else. My latest song is called "Hypnotize". It will be released in May 2010 so be on the look out for that.

GCLE: For anyone who has not heard you perform, how would you describe your music?

How I would explain my music style umm…wow, I would most definitely say it's really contemporary R&B and hip hop based but all of my music brings a good message for a lot of people whether the song is about life situations or just having fun.

GCLE: What do you love the most about what you do?

What I love the most about what I do is the traveling. I love meeting new people and seeing new places. I love having my street team with me, "Beezy" and "Big Moma Brit", everyone who usually gets down with us gets a nickname we all enjoy each other. The most important thing I love about this ministry is seeing that the people want to change the way they live and get their lives together, it's a beautiful thing.

GCLE: It is said that you have an amazing testimony. Please share this. How did it bring you to this point in life?
When I was born I was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease. I know some of you are like what is that! It's a very rare disease today and it was extremely rare then. Kawasaki disease is a rare condition that involves inflammation of the blood vessels. It was very crazy for me to have it because they say mostly Asian newborns are affected with the disease. Since the disease was really rare then, the doctors didn't know what to do and they was pretty sure I was going to die. But one day a lady had come to the hospital and prayed over my body. My mother didn't even know who she was. My mom told me after she prayed she left and that was it. A couple of days later I was healed and released out of the hospital. I just feel like there was a reason why I was suppose to stay in this world and now I'm walking my destiny.

GCLE: Finally let everyone know of your up and coming projects.
My up and coming singles "Hypnotize" and "Fly" will be released this May. I will also be in concert with Jonathan Nelson May 1, 2010 at Nation Ford High School in Fort Mill, SC. To find out any new releases or events you can follow me on Facebook, Myspace, I Like and 627music.com. I hope you guys enjoy what you hear and are inspired by what you see at these sites and I hope that it's a blessing to you. Thanks and God bless!

God bless you too, Shawny! If the youth of the world are seeking TRUTH with a HIP BEAT, then Shawny's sound is what they seek!  Spiritual Spotlights are proud to add a holy and righteous young person to its roster. She is doing the right things in the right way.

Selena Winston

follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/selenawins

***visit Shawny's new website: www.shawnywright.com***

Comments

• Jacque 4 years ago

Awesome and Inspiring! Keep up the good work Shawny!

• Mia 4 years ago

Shawny, I am so proud of you girl. You stay focused on God and let him continue to elevate you. Praise God for having such a God sent manager, David Goodson. You guys keep it moving.

• DK 4 years ago

Shawny, your ministry is awesome and your music reaches alot of people.Keep God first,stay focused and keep walking in your destiny.

• markeyia aka "beezy" 4 years ago

ight, good luck shawnay!! keep up the good work hun bun!! your a prissy girl in your own lil prissy world.....and ya know i love ya....the besties:)

• Meshawn 4 years ago

You are an inspiration to the youth in this world who are still running from their calling and afraid to operate in God's gifts and annointing. Remember to remain humble and continue to serve God's kingdom, and He will open doors to prosperity and success. To God be the glory for such an annointed young woman of God!

• Shawny Wright 4 years ago

Hello everyone just wanted to thank everybody who took the time to read myt article because music is my dream and my life. i want to thank God for my amazing manager DK Goodson he is so great and i know he is working hard for me. i also want to thank God for Meshawn Key she is so special to me and she keeps me motivated and i love her. she even inspired me to freestyle spring time songs lol inside joke. Also to the author of this article thank you ver much and may God bless you

• Henry 4 years ago

Awesome Shawny, I love to see young people with a heart for the Lord!

• Tavarus Rogers a.k.a killa mc wit four pieces of c 4 years ago

I agree to selena was saying about Mrs. Wright... I know this young lady and i actually go to school with this young lady... Kids follow her!

• Tyronishia Sutton 4 years ago

hay gul... u is true ta all my people even doe i didn graduate u still is a true insporating scuse me if i spelled it wrone but i look up to u!!! u no u my cuzing right cuz my sister in laws baby cuzin tracy tol mE!!!

• demetrea timara lare wright gentry 4 years ago

yo yo yo hello this is your fav sister demetrea wright gentry sucka just wanted to leave a comment and tell you that i love ya. just remember who you singing for cause he can take that voice away lol hahahahahahahaha love you very much God blessed me w/ a special sister peace out.

• ghyhfhf 4 years ago

hello have a good day

• James P. 4 years ago

Keep doing the work of God Shawny Wright. I've seen your ministry in action and it is powerful.May God bless you!

• Richard 4 years ago

Having seeing you minister, you are annoiting and powerful.Can't wait till your music reach nations.

• Madison Geter 4 years ago

Go ahead and keep doing what you are doing. Be that example that these young ladies need today(a Godly example). Keep doing what you are doing!God Bless.

• khala "kitt katt" morman 4 years ago

SHAWNY ; i freakin love you . :) . you and the whole 627 music family has inspired me to do so much in life . i love yall and i am so happy that i can say ima part of the 627 music family !
    love ya ! keep up the good work !