Iced coffee is a delicious and refreshing beverage enjoyable any time of year. During the spring and summer months the ice cold liquid cools you down to help deal with the heat and humidity. Here we will take our favorite coffee brew and spike it up with some spicy flavored liqueurs. Now this drink makes for the perfect after dinner, Saturday evening or barbecue cocktail when the taste of coffee is desired without the steaming mug in hand.
For all those who deter from alcohol for personal and medical reasons as well as older children in the family who enjoy the flavor of coffee you don’t have to feel left out. Taste of Home has a special recipe for Iced Coffee that is a chocolate and vanilla delight.
- 2 ½ cups of cold brewed coffee
- 5 ounces of espresso liqueur
- 5 ounces of anisette flavored liqueur
- Add the liqueurs to the cold coffee and stir well.
- Serve in tall glasses over ice.
- Decaffeinated coffee can be used instead of a regular grind.
- For a lighter and creamier taste add a squirt of Reddi-hip whipped cream to top off the glass.
Copyright 2011 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved