Summer is here in San Diego and Balboa Park is ready to welcome the cool summer nights with some spectacular sounds.
Twilight in the park concert series will bring a variety of sounds to the Spreckle's Organ Pavilion. Visitors are welcome to enjoy these concerts free of charge. There are plenty of seats, dancing space and the park is dog friendly. Bring along dinner and dancing shoes several nights a week, as these concerts are different each night. Celebrate summer in San Diego's favorite park, Balboa Park.
Twilight in the Park concerts for Summer 2014:
- Tue. 17 Japanese Navy Band and the Kearny Mesa Concert Band - musical variety
- Wed. 18 Stars on the Water – Tropical Rock & Roll
- Thur. 19 Graceland – Elvis Presley Tribute
- Tue. 24 Bayou Brothers – Cajun/Zydeco
- Wed. 25 Cool Fever – R & B, Motown. Swing
- Thur. 26 Navy Wind Ensemble – Patriotic favorites and Big Band
- Tue. 1 Lance Dicekmann Band - Blues
- Wed. 2 Chula Vista Mariachi - Traditional Mariachi music of Mexico
- Thur. 3 145th Street Band – Contemporary Blues
- Tue. 8 Moon Light Serenade Orchestra – Best of Hollywood & Broadway
- Wed. 9 Breez’n – Jazz, Blues, R & B
- Thur. 10 Bi-Nacional de Mambo Orchestra – 1950s Latin Big Band
- Tue. 15 Marine Band – Traditional Military
- Wed. 16 San Diego Jazz Quintet – Latin, Bossa, and funk-based jazz
- Thur. 17 Local Folk Music Night – Nathan Welden, Jim Earp, Rickey Ruiz, Megan Fisher, Sammy Carini
- Tue. 22 San Diego Youth Symphony – Balboa Park’s resident youth symphony
- Wed. 23 Michele Lunde - Blues
- Thur. 24 San Diego Civic Dance, Park & Recreation Department’s elite dance company
- Tue. 29 Coronado Big Band – Swing
- Wed. 30 SantanaWays – Carlos Santana tribute band Concert Appreciation Night
- Thur. 31 Afrotruka - Salsa Orquestra.
- Tue. 5 San Diego Concert Band – Classical to Pops; Sousa to the Beatles
- Wed. 6 Uncle Bob & The Earth Movers – Chicago Blues
- Thur. 7 Dixie Express - Traditional & Swing
- Tue. 12 Working Cowboy – Traditional Country
- Wed. 13 Sidewinders – Country Rock
- Thur. 14 El Cajon German Band – Polka, Waltz and Oompah!
- Tue. 19 Real Jazz Big Band – Traditional big band tunes
- Wed. 20 A Tribue Band to the Supremes
- Thur. 21 Coronado Concert Band – Best of Hollywood & Broadway
- Tues. 26 Hillcrest Wind Ensemble – elite concert band
- Wed. 27 Navy Show Band West – Big Band
- Thur. 28 The Legends –San Diego’s original oldies show band
For more information on the concert series and Balboa Park can be found here.