Mary Low, new director of the award winning Vista Blue Spa at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa, has some sage summer advice for beauty- obsessed babes that you might want to incorporate into your daily routines.Low advises packing away your heavy creams and following these simple tips to achieve nourished, glowing summer skin. She’s also created two new seasonal treatments for the spa called the Cherry Blossom Facial and Springtime on the Bay Massage. “
The ‘Low’ down:
- No matter how tired you are, always remove make up before going to bed. Your skin repairs best at night and cleansing before bed removes impurities that inhibit the skin’s ability to renew itself.
- Before applying your daily moisturizer, dab facial oil as a serum on your skin. It helps to balance the skin after the effects of harsh winter weather. Naturopathic, available at Vista Blue Spa, makes a wonderful Carrot Seed Soothing Facial Oil. Moisturize both morning and night. Don’t forget the décolleté and neck!
- Use an SPF 15 or 30 sunscreen daily. Remember that sunscreen isn’t effective all day, so be sure to reapply at lunch and again in the early evening before those sunset walks!
- Don’t forget that your skin is nourished from the inside out. A healthy lifestyle, including a good diet, adequate hydration, and daily exercise, is the most important way to take care of your skin for excellent long term results. An added bonus is that you’ll feel good all over.
Now that’s some savvy summer suggestions. .
New spa treatments for summer:
- Cherry Blossom Facial- sloughs off dull and lackluster winter skin with a Sweet Cherry Enzyme Peel that smells delicious and leaves you with an amazing healthy glow. Let our skin care experts customize this treatment just for you. As an added bonus, receive a complimentary eyebrow or lip wax with this wonderful facial. The 50 minutes treatment costs $140.
- Springtime on the Bay Massage- a decadent rose-scented treatment that combines soothing exfoliation, a deeply relaxing full body massage, and a luxuriously hydrating wrap. You will emerge from this bed of roses feeling completely refreshed and rejuvenated. In addition, enjoy a delicious strawberry smoothie as our gift to you to enjoy at the Spa. The 80 minute sessions costs $195.
FYI: Richard (my husband) and I had two of the best side-by-side couples massages at Vista Blue that were performed adroitly by a male therapists and left us almost unable to speak (which isn't easy to do to me), just saying.
Vista Blue Spa is located at the Monterey Plaza Hotel, For more information about the spa go to www.montereyplazahotel.com. To learn more about Monterey just sit back and watch the video we so kindly attached.