Down home flavors of the south and southwest certainly mix up well for the perfect salad blend. These diced up veggies mixed all together is a healthy and delicious side dish that is so easy to put together. The dressing has a spicy tang to it that makes these vegetables irresistible. A chilled mixed salad with a light chipotle zing can also be used as an appetizer too.
- 1 (15 ounce) can of corn
- 1/3 cup of finely diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup of finely diced red pepper
- 1/3 cup of finely diced red onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups of diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 Chipotle pepper diced fine
- In a large mixing bowl add in the corn, onion, garlic, beans, tomatoes and red and green peppers.
- In a smaller bowl combine the rest of the ingredients to make the dressing and pour it over the diced vegetables.
- Toss the salad until all the vegetables are lightly covered with the dressing.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving to infuse all the flavors together.
- Eat as a side dish to any meal or as an appetizer and serve with tortilla chips, pita bread or small toasted bread slices.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: