Potatoes are a favorite dish in the south. This recipe will only take 10 minutes to prepare. Simmering time is less than 30 minutes. This recipe may also be cooked in the microwave. It only takes 10 minutes to cook in the microwave. That is a wonderful time saver for the most hurried meals. This potato dish is very nutritious in that it contains potassium, protein, calcium, iron, vitamin A and vitamin C. This recipe will serve four. These new potatoes will serve great with a green salad or steak. They are an excellent addition to any lunch or dinner table. They will store well in the fridge and may be easily reheated in the microwave. These boiled potatoes are healthy for you because they contain less fat than being fried. This is also a great dish for serving at pot luck dinners. I hope that you will enjoy preparing and serving these delicious potatoes as well as I do. This dish is very flavorful and will surely please guests. They are excellent for packing with a take along lunch. This dish is colorful and will brighten any table because they have a very appealing color. Kids will enjoy the buttery flavor. Enjoy!
2 pounds of small new potatoes
1/2 pound of smoked ham, shaved
3 tablespoons of real butter
3 tablespoons of dried chives
3 tablespoons of dried parsley
1 tablespoon of dried sage leaves
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Leave the peeling on the potatoes and boil until tender. Boil for about 25-30 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes well.
3. In a large serving bowl, place the potatoes with butter, oil, and ham and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the chives, parsley, and sage on top.
4. Serve hot and enjoy.
How to Microwave Southern Pl;antation Potato Dish
Ingredients for cooking in the microwave is the same as the stove top method.
1. Place the potatoes in a microwave safe bowl with water and cover.
2. Microwave on high for four minutes. Remove the cover and stir the potatoes.
3. Add the ham and microwave for 6 minutes. Drain well.
4. Add the butter, oil, salt, pepper and mix well. Add the chives, parsley, and sage on top.
5. Toss well and serve hot. Enjoy!