This recipe is great served with barbeque chicken or ribs. It is very flavorful for serving with a green salad and hot buttered rolls also. This recipe will serve 6 people. It is very tasty and delicious. This recipe may also be cooked in the microwave which means it is a real time saver. Southern Baked Beans will serve great for lunch or dinner. It is an excellent dish for serving at barbeques and goes great served with potato salad. It is a simple and easy to prepare dish. This recipe contains protein, iron, calcium, vitamin A and vitamin C. It is a healthy meal to serve to your family. It takes less time to prepare than most bean dishes. It has a wonderful color that will make a great addition to any lunch or dinner table. I hope that you will enjoy preparing and serving Southern Baked Beans to your family, friends, and guests as much as I do. Enjoy!
4 slices of bacon
1/2 pound of ground beef
1/2 cup of shallot, sliced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 cup of onion, chopped
3 cans of pinto beans
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of ketchup
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of mustard
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Slice the bacon in half. Break the gound meat into small pieces.
2. Saute' the bacon, ground meat, shallots, onion, and garlic for 8 minutes until meat is done.
3. Drain the beans.
4. In a casserole dish, place the beans and onion mixture and all the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
5. Bake at 350 degree F for 30 minutes covered.
6. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more.
7. Serve hot and enjoy.
How to Microwave Southern Baked Beans
The ingredients are the same as the conventional oven method.
1. Slice the bacon in half and break the ground meat into small pieces.
2. In a microwave safe dish, combine the ground meat, bacon, onion, shallot, and garlic. Microwave on high for 6 minutes or until meat is done more than half way.
3. Drain the beans well and add this to the meat mixture. Add all remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
4. Microwave covered on high for 8 minutes.
5. Let cool for 3 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!