This is such a delicious and easy soup chicken recipe. Put the ingredients in a crock pot, let them cook all day, then come home to the amazing scent of chicken soup wafting from your kitchen. It doesn’t get easier and it doesn’t get better! This delicious soup has a cheesy, deliciously seasoned, creamy broth surrounding moist chicken and peppers. This is a perfect comfort meal.
Since its introduction in the early 70s, the crock pot is the busy person’s lifesaver. It’s wonderful to come home to a home-cooked meal simply by putting together a few ingredients in the morning.
Staci’s Chicken Fajita Soup Recipe
Ingredients for Staci’s Chicken Fajita Soup:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 32 ounces chicken broth (for a healthier alternative, get the reduced sodium broth)
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet fajita seasoning (available in the Mexican food aisle of your local grocery)
- 1 cup milk (skimmed milk works well)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterrey Jack or Mexican mix)
- Fresh cilantro – optional garnish
Directions for making Staci’s Chicken Fajita Soup:
Place the chopped onion, peppers, chicken, broth, water, and fajita seasoning in a slow cooker/crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
About 20 or 30 minutes prior to serving, mix the milk and flour together in a separate bowl and stir it into the ingredients of the slow cooker; cook on high for an additional 20-30 minutes.
Right before serving time stir in the cheese until melted and serve.
Tastes great with biscuits or corn bread.
(From my cousin, Staci, a great cook and queen of crock-pot cooking)
Other delicious crock pot recipes:
Chicken with beans and rice – a contest-winning recipe
Crockpot applesauce recipe – absolutely delicious!
Crockpot roast beef – only 3 ingredients
CLICK ON “SUBSCRIBE” ABOVE!