Soundgarden announced new dates for their 2013 tour on Monday and the good news is they are heading to Houston this time. The second leg of their 19-city tour supporting "King Animal" begins on May 3rd in Atlantic City and will end on May 28th in Broomfield, Colorado. Their Houston show is scheduled for May 24th at the Bayou Music Center.
Soundgarden just wrapped the first leg of their "King Animal" tour, which followed the release of their first album in 16 years. The rockers' final show last year at The Wiltern in Los Angeles was filmed for an episode of "Live From The Artists Den," which is set to air on PBS later this year and will feature interviews with the band.
Soundgarden's first single "Been Away Too Long" landed the number one spot on the rock charts and their second single "By Crooked Steps" was directed by fellow grunge superstar and Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl.
For tickets to see Soundgarden in Houston check the Bayou Music Center's website here.
Soundgarden's 2013 tour schedule can be seen in full below:
- May 3 – Atlantic City, NJ – Borgata
- May 4 – Washington, DC – DC101 Chili Cookoff – RFK Stadium
- May 5 – Charlotte, NC – Carolina Rebellion – Rockingham Speedway
- May 7 – Atlanta, GA– Tabernacle
- May 8 – Atlanta, GA– Tabernacle
- May 10 – Louisville, KY – Louisville Palace
- May 11 – Indianapolis, IN – WRZK Mayday Event – Klipsch Music Center
- May 12 – Pittsburgh, PA – Stage AE Outdoors
- May 14 – West Long Branch, NJ– The MAC at Monmouth University
- May 15 – Worcester, MA – The Palladium
- May 17 – Wallingford, CT – Toyota Presents Oakdale
- May 18 – Camden, NJ – MMR-B-Q – Susquehanna Bank Center
- May 19 – Columbus, OH – Rock On The Range Festival – Columbus Crew Stadium
- May 21 – St. Louis, MO – The Pageant
- May 22 – Kansas City, MO – Midland Theatre
- May 24 – Houston, TX – Bayou Music Center
- May 25 – Austin, TX – Austin Music Hall
- May 26 – Dallas, TX – Palladium Ballroom
- May 28 – Broomfield, CO – 1st Bank Center
The last time Chris Cornell was in Houston he played an incredible performance in April 2011, where he played to a sold-out House of Blues crowd during the first leg of his solo acoustic "Songbook" tour.
Will you be going to see Soundgarden's "King Animal" tour? Did you see Chris Cornell's sold out show at the House of Blues? Let us know in the comments below!