The hills are alive with the benefits of the "Sound of Music." A recent study showed that music provides benefits ranging from easing anxiety anxiety to boosting brain power to reducing blood pressure, according to Dr. Mehmet Oz.
Among the benefits of listening to music and participating in sing-alongs:
- Ease pain.
- Experience feeling of wellness and energy.
- Reduce anxiety and depression.
- Sleep more soundly.
- Lower blood pressure.
Ready to sing out for a few of your "favorite things?" Thanks to Carrie Underwood and NBC, several new options are available in savoring the immortal songs and scenes in "Sound of Music." We recommend:
- Celebrate the 45th anniversary with "The Sound of Music" (Three-Disc 45th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD Combo) - click for details.
- With Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer, the hills came alive recently in "The Sound of Music Live!" (click for more information).
- Gather the family, or get your iPod ready for the soundtrack from "The Sound of Music."