Get ready to go shopping Shadowhunter’s! Sony Pictures Consumer Products announced the first round of merchandise for ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones,’ film based on the first book in Cassandra Clare’s Internationally popular series.
Once again, Sony demonstrates their faith in this franchise. “The long-term potential of this franchise was very attractive to us at Sony when securing the merchandising rights,” says Greg Economos, senior vice president, global consumer products, Sony Pictures Entertainment. “The brand continues to gain recognition, and we are seeing a lot of retailer interest, particularly after the trailer released in theatres with the last installment of Twilight. Our focus is to secure strong footholds in the U.S. and Europe, with the brand before expanding into Latin America and Asia.”
- Tripp NYC for a Tripp for Mortal Instruments clothing line featuring men’s and women’s jeans, tops, jackets and dresses to be sold exclusively at Hot Topic;
- PlayFirst for a time management/action-adventure app;
- Running Press Book Publishers for mini-kits that hold temporary tattoos, pendants, magnets and quotes and images from the film;
- Trends International for wall calendars, paper and lenticular posters, bookmarks and stickers;
- Mead Products for high-end journals and sketchbooks;
- Leaf Trading Cards for movie trading cards;
- Rubie’s for costumes, masks and dress up sets;
- Tonner Doll Company for a limited edition line of collectible fashion dolls; and
- Underground Toys/Gear 4 Games for notebooks, replicas, tattoo sleeves (U.S. only), magnets, mugs, mobile cases (U.S. only), stickers, temporary tattoos, sketchbooks and buttons for the U.S., Canada, the EU and the U.K.
EMEA-based licensees include:
- Flash Trash for limited edition jewelry across the EU, Australia and New Zealand;
- Urban Species for outerwear, apparel and hooded tops for the U.K.;
- Mantiburi for wall-based room décor and wallpapers for the EU; and
KV&G Verlag for posters and calendars in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
What are you most looking forward to buy?
Subscribe above to The Mortal Instruments Examiner and stay up on all related topics to the Internationally bestselling series by Cassandra Clare. You can also follow The Mortal Instruments Examiner on Facebook and Twitter.