Although Cal State Northridge's men's basketball season is complete -- with the worst record (11-21) since 7-20 in 1995-96 -- the Matadores nonetheless put up some record-setting and impressive numbers.
Here is a sample, courtesy of the CSUN Media Relations Department:
* Cal State Northridge broke three school records during the 2009-10 season. The 933 free throw attempts broke the school record of 868 set during the 1996-67 season. CSUN made 624 free throws, breaking the old mark of 613 during 2000-01. Lenny Daniel set the school record with 44 blocks in a season, breaking the old mark of 37 set by Tremaine Townsend during the 2007-08 season.
In fact, Daniel's 44 blocks is seventh on the school's career list.
* Daniel also had five blocks in three games (vs Idaho on 12/3/09, vs UC Riverside on 1/14/10, and vs Cal State Fullerton on 2/13/10), one short of the school record.
* Mark Hill had 12 free throws against Cal State Fullerton (2/13/10), ninth-best in school history.
* The 783 defensive rebounds are second-best in school history and only two short of the school record (785) set in 2000-01.
* Cal State Northridge scored 2,282 points, tied for 10th place with the 2008-09 team.
* The 431 offensive rebounds are third-best for a single season in school history.
* The 1,214 total rebounds are fourth-best for a single season.
Now for some Kenny Daniels marks:
* His 39 points vs Idaho (12/3/09) are third-best for a single game in CSUN history. Only 40 points by Mark Cooley at Cal State Fullerton (2/18/67) and 47 points by Ollie Carter vs Westmont (2/1/66) are better. The 39 points were the most by a Big West Conference player this season.
* He had 13 free throws against Idaho (12/3/09) which ranks seventh-best.
* He scored 498 points this season, 10th best in CSUN history.
* He made 144 free throws, tied for fifth-best in school history with Mark Cooley (1966-67).
* Finally, he had 180 free throw attempts, eighth-best in school history.
* The 32 games played by Raymond Cody, Kenny Daniels, Willie Galick, Vinnie McGhee and Tony Osunsanmi are second-best for a single season in school history.
Then there was the record-setting triple-overtime game against Cal State Fullerton on Feb. 13:
* The 37 free throws made are second-best all-time at Cal State Northridge.
* The 49 free throw attempts are third-best for a single game.
* The 39 CSUN fouls tied the Matadome record originally set against Nevada (11/17/01).
*The 112 points scored by CSUN are 15th-best for a single game in school history.
*The 61 CSUN rebounds were ninth-best for a single game in school history.
* The seven CSUN team blocks were seventh-best for a single game in CSUN history.