Solange Knowles, the sister of Beyonce, is speaking out about the elevator ride with Jay-Z and Beyonce that went viral, according to ABC News on Monday. The elevator ride occurred after the Met Gala in early May and a video was released showing that Solange was physically aggressive with Jay-Z, her brother-in-law, during that ride. Solange graced Lucky Magazine with an interview which gives more details to the incident than the visual gave via the naked video.
During the interview, Solange referred to the incident with Jay-Z on the elevator as simply “that thing.” She said that what is important is that her family and her are all good. She asserted that what the family had to say collectively was in the statement that they put out, and they all feel at peace with that statement. The 28-year-old sister of superstar Beyonce said that her parents instilled a true family bond within her and her sister. She stated that she and her sister have always held each other down no matter what.
Beyond referring to the aggressive incident as “that thing,” Solange insists that there are now no ill feelings between her and Jay-Z, according to the Daily Mail. She claims that any ill feeling she had are in the past. They are forgotten. Obviously, Solange commented on the rib dinner's bones but left off the meat. Why she was so upset with Jay-Z is still left to speculation about Jay-Z and Beyonce's rumored-to-be-troubled relationship.
Back in May, the month when the incident occurred in an elevator at the Standard Hotel in New York, Jay-Z, Beyonce, and Solange released a statement regarding the incident in which Solange kicked and tried to slap Jay-Z. The statement they released to the Associated Press said that as a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5, there had been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. The statement said that the most important this was that the family – Solange, Jay-Z, and Beyonce – have worked through the episode. They claimed that Jay-Z and Solange had both assumed their share of responsibility for what had occurred two months ago.
The brief statement at the time concluded by saying that they both acknowledge their role in the “private matter” that had played out before the public’s eyes. The two claimed that had apologized to one another. They have moved forward as a united family, so they claim. After the incident, rumors of trouble in Jay-Z’s and Beyonce’s relationship spread like wildfire, including talk that they were headed for a separation or divorce.