Homemade vanilla wafer cookies are nothing at all like the cookies that come from a box in the grocery store. These simple cookies may seem plain but are actually full of flavor. Depending upon how long they bake will determine the cookies texture. By baking them until just lightly golden the cookies will come out soft and chewy and if you leave them in just a minute or so longer where the edges get a deeper golden brown in color the cookies will be crispy and slightly hard when bit into.
- 2 sticks of margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 cups of self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat the oven to 300’.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients together.
- Place teaspoonfuls of cookie batter onto cookie sheets two inches apart.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes and watch the color the cookies take on to determine if you want to bake soft or crispy cookies.
- Once the baking time is complete remove cookie sheet and let cool for 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.
- After cookies are completely cooled dust the cookies with confectioner’s sugar and transfer them to a sealed container or tray until ready to serve.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: