I recently posted a story on the many <a href="http://dowdnotesonnapkins.blogspot.com/2014/07/albany-interested-in-beco... and cafes up for sale or lease in the City of Albany</a>. However, if you're interested in getting into the hospitality game, they're not the only possibilities in the Capital Region.
For example, there are several waterfront venues in Lake George Village:
• The building at 182 Canada Street, next to the post office on the main thoroughfare, is on the block for $1,995,000. The 6,700-square-foot venue houses Garcia's and Christie's On the Lake. The latter name is indicative of its 50-foot lakefront, which includes docks.
• The former Luigi's Restaurant at 462 Canada Street in Lake George, is for sale at $595,000. It's a 4,244-square-foot facility on a 1.1 acre parcel. The listing notes "a bonus 5 bedroom owner's residence or rental on the property, waterfront dining with frontage on English Brook. New kitchen equipment, new roof,A/C and electrical service. With seating for 180+ ... ."
Meanwhile, here are some possibilities in Schenectady County:
• Katrina's Diner, located at 1818 Curry Road in Rotterdam, is offered for $334,900. The sale includes the real estate, furniture, fixtures and equipment for the 36-year-old, 1,440-square-foot restaurant and an attached home. The property is on a corner lot next to Gabriel's Market.
• Stoney Lane, or Stoney's Irish Grill -- the Facebook page uses both names -- at 1851-1857 Van Vranken Avenue in Schenectady is offered at $495,000. It has been in operation for more than 30 years near Union College, and operates seven days a week. Current owners are offering it as a retirement sale. The 2,500+-square-foot operation also offers outdoor seating.
Plus, some possibilities in Rensselaer County:
• Thai Spice Picnic Garden, located at 4 Northern Drive in Troy's Lansingburgh section, is for sale at an asking price of $159,900. The 2,273-square-foot was for a quarter century home to the China Inn, then briefly the Alumni Grill, then vacant until Thai Spice opened there several years ago. Seating for 55 in bar area and dining room.
• Tortillas, which offered burgers, gyros and burritos at 138 Broadway in Rensselaer is being offered for $75,000. It has 1,060 square feet.
• • •
Of course, there are other venues I've reported on before that remain for sale. They include the Germania Haus in Lansingburgh; South End Tavern, Irish Mist and the Pizza Hut on 5th Avenue, all in Troy; Carmody's West in Hoosick, and a onetime sandwich shop in a standalone structure at Green Street and Third Avenue in Rensselaer.
NEXT: We'll look at possibilites in Columbia and Saratoga counties.
(All listings based on information from LoopNet.com.)