Snow day ChiliSo you have been outdoors most of the morning shoveling and clearing your sidewalks of the latest storm, now who wants to cook dinner? Well here is a very easy and quick way to make a stick to your ribs and warm up your bones chili that will be worth the while.
• 2 pounds lean ground beef
• 1 packet of Chili seasoning mix or 1 tablespoon chili powder, teaspoon onion powder and 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
• 1 teaspoon crushed hot pepper
• 2 (14.5-oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery, and onion
• 2 (8-oz.) cans tomato sauce
• 1 (16-oz.) can black beans, drained
• 1 (15.5-oz.) can small red beans, drained
• 1 bag frozen green pepper and onion mix
1. Brown beef in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes or until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return beef to Dutch oven; sprinkle evenly with seasoning mix, and sauté 1 minute over medium-high heat.
2. Stir in diced tomatoes and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.