Snagajob has announced the finalists in its third annual Hourly Gig contest. Aspiring artists were asked to send in a video for the chance to showcase their talents as the opening act for country music singer/songwriter Chase Rice. Out of a record-breaking 800 plus submissions, the tally has been narrowed down to five.
Snagajob’s Hourly Gig winner will be given an all-expenses paid trip to Denver to be the opening act for Chase Rice’s September 5 concert at the Grizzly Rose. Chase Rice is currently in the top 20 Hot Country Charts with his latest single “Ready Set Roll.”
The winner will be determined by a popular vote. Public voting runs from August 22 – 29, and the winner will be announced on August 29.
Artist submissions were accepted online from July14 through August 8. A judging panel comprised of members of the music, entertainment and hourly employment industries paired down the record number of more than 800 video submissions to five finalists. Judging was based on each artist’s creativity, talent and entertainment value. This was certainly a hard task as there were so many talented and entertaining submissions.
“It’s been wonderful to see so many hourly workers pursuing their passion for music through the Hourly Gig competition,” said Snagajob CEO Peter Harrison. “We have paired the submissions down to five of the very best and now it’s up to the fans to select our 2014 Hourly Gig winner.”
And the finalists are …
2014 Hourly Gig finalists
- Adley Stump - A native of Tulsa, Oklahoma, Adley’s unique sound and personality captured the attention of America in 2012 when she was featured on NBC’s “The Voice.” Her latest single is “Like This.”
- Jill Brooks - A singer/songwriter from Nashville, Tennessee, Jill has been singing since the age of two. Her persistence has paid off with the release of her debut LP, "Shame on Me," in 2013.
- Scott DeCarlo - A police officer from East Rutherford, New Jersey, Scott decided to diversify his career path in 2012 by splitting his time between Nashville and his New Jersey home. This lead to the release of his debut album, “A Whole New Kind of Crazy.”
- SmithField - Trey Smith and Jennifer Fiedler are a country duo that moved to Nashville, Tennessee from Texas to pursue their passion for music. Their voices blend perfectly to create the unique sound that is SmithField.
- Will Evans - A Rhode Island native, Will spent the last decade as the primary songwriter, drummer and frontman for the band Barefoot Truth before venturing out on his own to pursue a solo career in music.
Public voting runs from August 22 to August 29. Fans can watch all five finalist’s videos and vote as many times as they like by visiting TheHourlyGig.com. The winner will be announced on August 29 at 5:00 p.m. (EST).
Previous winners of the Hourly Gig contest include Ben Gallaher in 2012 and The Darlins in 2013. Gallaher opened for Brantley Gilbert and The Darlins opened for Montgomery Gentry. Both concerts took place at the Snagajob Pavilion at Innsbrook After Hours in Richmond, Virginia.
To learn more and cast your vote, please visit TheHourlyGig.com. Ready, set, vote!