Healthy cooking with pretty fruit smoothies will turn you into a Valentine’s Day favorite. Become known as the Smoothie Maker of Love this year when you select heart healthy foods to blend up for all of those precious 'hearts' in your life!
Bran New Love Smoothie
By extracting healthy foods into a nutritious smoothie, you turn them into a maximum absorption food source for the body!
Directions for a Bran New Love Smoothie:
Add the following ingredients, in the order provided, to your blender or extractor.
Blend to desired consistency:
¼ cup *wheat bran, milled in food processor with milling blade
½ cup blueberries or strawberries
10 raw almonds
2 handfuls*collard greens (optional)
4-5 ice-cubes (optional)
• Add water (or coconut water) to achieve desired consistency.
• By adding *bran, the fiber may help reduce the risk of heart related illnesses. It also provides additional vitamins and minerals.
• By adding the*dark, leafy greens, your fruit smoothie becomes an excellent source of fiber and antioxidants.
• CAUTION: If you are experiencing an agitated digestive system, the fiber content in whole fruits and vegetables may add further stress. However, by extracting plant foods it can aid in replenishing nutrients lost in diarrhea while making it easier for your body to break down the food sources and absorb them quickly.
• Always consult your physician if you have special diet or health related issues.
For additional information and local places to shop for healthy foods, click on any of the following links:
• Boise Co-Op
• Whole Foods Market
• Brown Box Organics
• The Organic Store Locator
• For additional information or more heart healthy foods, click on the link in this sentence.
• Learn more about the benefits of fiber by clicking on the WebMD link in this sentence.
From my home to yours: another favorite recipe - enjoyed with nutrition in mind.