Chocolate pie is one of those desserts that works for the Sunday family dinner and a Wednesday night pick me up. The smooth and creamy mousse filling doesn’t really need the pie crust, as a spoon will take care of it nicely; however you must resist that temptation and make the pie as directed.
This recipe for chocolate mousse pie will become a family favorite. It’s fairly easy to make and the results are always picture perfect.
Smooth and creamy chocolate mousse pie
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (7 ounce) bar milk chocolate candy
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- Heat marshmallows, chocolate candy, and milk in a saucepan over low heat until marshmallows and chocolate are melted, stirring constantly. Allow mixture to cool completely.
- Beat heavy cream in a large bowl until until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the whipped cream will form sharp peaks. Gently fold cooled chocolate mixture in whipped cream until well mixed; pour into baked pie shell. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- If you prefer to use dark chocolate instead of the milk chocolate, go for it.
- For a mint version, use half dark chocolate and half Andes mints for the candy.
- If you prefer a sweeter chocolate verses really rich, add a little powdered sugar to the whipping cream for a moderate sweet adjustment
Making a chocolate mousse pie is not difficult, but it is a treat your friends and family will love. Try different types of chocolates for a variety flavors. This will become a family favorite, especially when a friend or family member needs a little chocolate to make a bad day better.
Thanks for reading Raleigh Food! Click here to subscribe to this column and you’ll get an email each time a new article is published.
Do you ever wish you had the chance to write articles about things that interest you? Look into Examiner! It’s a great way to make some extra money and it’s a lot of fun. Follow this link and see if it’s right for you!