Disney Cruise Line has announced a change to its smoking policy, effective Nov. 15.
Guests have never been allowed to smoke in public areas onboard or in the staterooms; however guests were permitted to smoke on their private verandah. This policy is changing in November based on guest feedback and for the comfort of non-smoking guests.
There are still designated smoking areas onboard each of the ships. On the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder smoking is allowed:
- Outdoors on Dec 4 starboard side from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. only
- The starboard side open-air decks 9 and 10 (excluding the Mickey pool area)
Disney Dream and Fantasy smoking is allowed:
- Deck 4 port side, aft, outside the Promenade Deck from 6:00 p.m to 6:00 a.m.
- Deck 12 port side, aft, the outdoor area that is accessible through the Meridian Lounge
- Deck 13 port side, forward, by Currents bar
Guests found smoking on their verandah or in their stateroom will be fined a $250 stateroom recovery fee. This fee covers deep cleaning and replacement of air filters, carpet extraction, cleaning and replacement of drapes, comforters, pillows, blankets and verandah cleaning and maintenance.