Smokin' Brew has become a much anticipated end to summer event on Mainstreet in Parker and this years band line up is better than ever. For the first time ever Lewis and Floorwax and the Groove Hawgs will be the Saturday night musical entertainment at the event which is held in the parking lot behind the Parker Station building.
Groups, times and day of performance is listed below:
- Thomas Harvey Moore III 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday
- Groove 22 Band 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday
- The Tripping Griswolds 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday
- The Indulgers 3 p.m.-6 p.m. Saturday
- Lewis and Floorwax-Groove Hawgs 7 p.m.-9 p.m. Saturday
- Black Jack Canyon Band 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday
- Catfish Kray Blues Band 2 p.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
The Smokin’ Brew BBQ, held annually by the CCV Rotary Club of Parker to benefit local and international charities.
The fifth annual event, sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbeque Society and recognized as a Rocky Mountain BBQ Association Cup event, will feature more than 50 competitors from throughout the Midwest region who will vie for $8,500 in prize money and a year of bragging rights.
Labor Day Weekend Smokin' Brew Dates and Hours:
- Friday, August 30, 4 p.m. - 10 p.m
- Saturday August 31 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Sunday September 1 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
The event is free, although tickets must be purchased for food and drink. Proceeds benefit a variety of charities, including Project Sanctuary, Douglas County Support Center, Parker Task Force and the Women’s Crisis Center, as well as the Rotary’s educational and international programs.
“Parker area residents are fortunate to live so close to one of the best Labor Day weekend festivals,” said Courtney Howey, president of the CCV Rotary Club of Parker. “They don’t have to travel far to eat some fantastic barbecue, listen to some great music and have some good old family fun. This is just a great community event for the whole family.”