According to rumors or jokes, the iwatch may be available in September. Motorola smartwatch will get a proper debut and launch at an event held in Chicago on September 4. The day before Samsung will show off their version. Of course those companies will also have new smartphones to talk about. Guess watches is teaming up with Martian watches to develop interactive, voice-command wrist accessories. Here are a couple of smartwatches we know about now.
Providing new solutions for fitness activities and for any other instance when carrying a phone is not ideal, TIMEX® IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ includes a series of game-changing features, including:
- Stand-alone wireless connectivity without a phone
- Email-based messaging capabilities
- Tracking capabilities that communicate the user's location to friends and family anytime, anywhere
- Custom-built "Find Me Mode" safety solution, which allows users to send an alert with exact location in case of an emergency
- Ability to track speed, distance and pace in real-time and instantaneously share performance metrics through your favorite social media and online fitness platforms
- Water resistance up to 50 meters, an essential feature for water exposure, training in the rain or swimming
- Built-in MP3 component with 4 GB of memory to play music via a Bluetooth headset
- Always-on, sunlight-readable, high-resolution touch display
- One year of data connectivity by AT&T included for U.S. and Canadian subscribers
The TIMEX® IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ will be available for purchase this fall at timex.com, att.com, AT&T stores, select sports specialty and electronic stores. Pre-order is now available on timex.com at $399.95.
Then there are smartwatches for kids only.
Kidizoom Smartwatch features include:
- 1.4 inch color touch screen
- Camera for taking photos and recording videos
- Voice recorder with 5 voice changing effects
- Special effects including customized photo frames, color filters and distortion effects; fun video frames
- 4 fun games, included
- Kid–durable design to withstand drops and bumps
- Splash proof and sweat proof
- Alarm clock with fun tones and animation
- Timer and stopwatch in kid-friendly themes
- 50+ digital and traditional analog displays
- Rechargeable battery
- 4 vibrant colors: blue, pink, white and green
- Micro USB cable for data transfer and battery recharging
- Access to Learning Lodge to download more games and watch displays
The Kidizoom Smartwatch (www.vtechkids.com/kidizoomsmartwatch) is recommended for ages four and up and has an MSRP of $59.99. It is available now at www.vtechkids.com, Amazon.com, Target.com, ToysRUs.com and Walmart.com.