On September 1, 2013, President Lawrence Biondi, S. J. retired from St. Louis University. A thorough search is now underway for his replacement. Find the details about the position and how to apply here.
The University operates under a Catholic Jesuit mission, so the board is looking for someone who will be able to uphold this mission. The ideal candidates for SLU president will be carefully selected. Some of the following attributes and qualifications will be part of the job-search considerations:
- Leadership skills, including a collaborative style and willingness to consult
- Ability to represent SLU and promote the university well with a fresh, open perspective
- Excellent communication skills between a variety of settings
- Ability to work well with the faculty, including hiring skills
- Ability to work well with a wide array of individuals, including the student body as well as donors
The full document concludes the desired traits in their next president by listing “energy, stamina, enthusiasm, humility, and a sense of humor” among the list of qualifications.
A full version of what the college is seeking in their next president, here.