Well, Americans were not ready for a nut case like Michele Bachmann. What was wrong with Michele Bachmann?
- She was a right-wing ideologue with conflicted behavior
- She exploited a non profit organization with noble purpose for personal financial gain
- She tried rationalizing being a good mother to 23 kids without ever being at home
- She really wanted to leave the country before financial audits and the like catch up with her and husband
- She is a lawyer from a Bible school who doesn’t believe in modern science
No, Michele, America is ready for a superior qualified woman candidate for president. The trouble is, your party and the Democrats have posted too few candidates in all ranks of elected political office.
It is not that the nation is lacking bright and superior credentialed candidates, it is that the American political system and the people have failed themselves in putting the best people forward.
So, thank you for bringing that to our attention once again, and you are free to depart at any time.
“Michele Bachmann: Americans “Aren’t Ready” For a Female President
Leah Barkoukis | Feb 20, 2014
Says the woman who ran for president in 2012…
Bachmann says a lot of people "aren't ready" for a female president. "I think there was a cachet about having an African-American president because of guilt." (Presumably she means because of slavery and the lengthy denial of civil rights to blacks.) "People don't hold guilt for a woman," she says, adding that while people vote for women for virtually every other office "I don't think there is a pent-up desire" for a woman president.
She says while Obama was "new and different," Hillary Clinton has been around a long time and is less likely to stir the juices as Obama did.
Some polling begs to differ, but I think more than anything, Americans just want a qualified and competent leader—regardless of race or gender.”